Web Application Development
Investment Amount : N200,000
This training comes with some special modules such as Version Control using Git, Software Engineering and Career Services. These aim at arming you with all the skills you need in your software development journey ...
In this course, you will learn how to create dynamic and interactive websites using PHP and how to manage databases with PHP. You will go from building mere websites to web applications by learning how to authenticate users, manage sessions, manage emails, manipulate files, validate forms, develop APIs, connect to web services and other advanced topics in PHP
This course takes a deep dive into building interactivity into your application through Ajax and many more. You will be taught the concept of Model-View-Controller using codeigniter framework. You will be required to build your own application using all the things you have learnt.
- Innerworkings of Web Applications
- HTML Inline and Block Level Elements
- HTML Tags for Text Placement
- HTML Forms
- Multimedia, Images and Links
- HTML Formating
- Laying out your webpage using HTML Tables
- Introduction to CSS - Why CSS?
- CSS Selector - ID and Class
- Types of CSS - External, Text or Internal, Inline
- CSS Syntax
- CSS Divs
- Margin and Padding
- Creating Responsive Website using Bootstrap classes
- Variables, Operators
- Conditional Statements
- Functions (Inbuilt and Custom functions)
This course covers database design and the use of databases in applications, with a short introduction to the internals of relational database engines. It includes extensive coverage of the relational model, relational algebra, and SQL.
Common topics that shall be covered include:
- Database Creation,
- Tables and Table Operations
- SQL Statements (SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT) etc
The course also features database design and relational design principles based on dependencies and normal forms. Many additional key database topics from the design and application-building perspective are also covered, including indexes, views, transactions, and integrity constraints.
Participants learn the design of database using Entity-Relationship-Diagram and the actual database design using SQL queries
With the knowledge gained from this module, participants will be able to link the front end Graphic User Interface that has been developed in HTML/CSS module to the backend Database. While this is not an exhaustive list, topics that shall be covered include:
- Datatypes, Variables and Constants
- Flow Control and Operators
- Conditional Statements and Loop
- Passing variables between pages (Forms, Session, Cookies)
- PHP File Handling and File operations
- Mail Function
- Creating creating fast and dynamic web pages using PHP/AJAX
- Building APIs
- Authentication with PHP and SQL
- Understanding MVC Framework with Code Igniter
- Best Practices in Programming - learning with a sample payment Gateway Integration
- Participants Develop any web application of their choice.
Advanced topis such as:
This shall be followed by a final bootcamp project:
Participants learn Git for tracking changes in their codes and when working on software projects in a team. They are also introduced to and are required to use other software development tools that make software development sleek
Programming language is the same all over the world, but some software are better developed than others. A knowledge of software engineering, software quality assurance and project management will help you develop useful, hack-proof and efficient software which can stand head-to-head and shoulder-to-shoulder with any other software in the world. We believe a programming class is incomplete without teaching you this. Our Software Engineering module is an essential ingredient that is missing in most programming training you might have come across.
This package will arm you with those important skills you need to hit your dream software development job. Services include CV, LinkedIn profile re-writing and Interview Coaching etc
Even with little or no prior knowledge of software development you can fit into our curriculum. We are more interested in participants that will be dedicated and diligent in the programme which increases their chances of excelling in the software industry, than just affordability of the tuition
- Any Graduate or Undergraduate with passion for Technology or Software Development
- Anyone who needs a change in career and wants to learn how to develop dynamic web content through data driven pages with PHP.
- Experienced users will also benefit from the many tips and tricks, and special exercises.PHP developers needing to expand their PHP capabilities
Our Weekend package is a perfect fit for the working Class, NYSC or Students with tight schedules during weekdays. The curriculum has been tested and proven effective for a Weekend Schedule